Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Birds of Cromwell

One of the ways I relax is to sit in a lawn chair near my backyard habitat. I love listening to the birds singing around me and feeling the warmth of the sun on me.

I recently moved my chair closer to my bird feeders and have been bringing my camera out with me. While this may have upset some of my regular habitat visitors, I am sure they will soon grow accustom to the new proximity of the large binocular-visioned potential predator. I simply sit very still and the more courageous birds demonstrate there is nothing to fear providing me with ample photo opportunities. 

It’s raining today so I had a little time to process some of photos I’ve been taking. Hope you enjoy them!

Perhaps a Descendant of Kahless?
A Female Cardinal in the Pear Tree
An Opportunistic Blue Jay Looking for a Peanut
The Goldfinches are Regulars Now
A Red-bellied Woodpecker Checking Me Out
A Tufted Titmouse Getting Some Lunch
Here's One of the Downy Woodpeckers
A Purple Finch Couple at a Feeder
White-Breasted Nuthatches Feed Inverted
Satisfied, a White-Breasted Nuthatch Prepares to Fly Off
Mourning Doves are Very Shy
A Purple Finch and a House Sparrow Sharing a Feeder
A Gray Catbird On the Garage Roof
Here's Another Red-Bellied Woodpecker
Rabbits Seem to Like My Yard
The Squirrels are Always Looking for a Peanut






No comments: